Total Pageviews

Made in Shoreditch

I also contribute a weekly column to Made in Shoreditch magazine called 'Old East End/New East End', where I look at the relationship between the East End of old and new, looking at the changes and the stalwarts in landscape, residents and culture, focussing on one street or district each week. You can find it here.

Does Anyone Own A Beverly Knight Record?

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Every time one of her records is out the advert tells us "she's the biggest British female R&B singer" or something along those lines. Well, everyone I speak to about this agrees with me...

Beverly Knight is shit. Uncharismatic, annoying, songs are boring. Sure, everybody likes the "shoulda', woulda', coulda'" song, I do, it's a good song. But the rest of it is a pile of shite!

Hahaha

What brought me on to this subject today is an advert I saw for QVC, Knight will be appearing on the home shopping channel for some reason. It made me think "How desperate can one artist be?"

Beverly Knight has been plugging away for years with lacklustre album after lacklustre album. GIVE UP. If you've not made it by now love you never will.

It annoys me that in her adverts the voice over gives her that tag of 'biggest British female R&B singer'. Surely Leona Lewis is that now. A few years ago, surely somebody like Ms. Dynamite was. Never Beverly bloody Knight.

0 comments: