Total Pageviews

Made in Shoreditch

I also contribute a weekly column to Made in Shoreditch magazine called 'Old East End/New East End', where I look at the relationship between the East End of old and new, looking at the changes and the stalwarts in landscape, residents and culture, focussing on one street or district each week. You can find it here.

News and That

Monday 14 June 2010


Fucking things!

So, the Vuvuzela is the single most annoying thing in the world at the moment. Now I know people may think it more annoying that BP hasn't stopped the fishy killing or that the governments of the U.K. and U.S.A. don't want to stop their Afghan killing, but seriously, that noise (like a swarm of bees or something) is really getting on my tits!

Kylie Minogue has a new tune out called All the Lovers and guess what! It's another electro-pop tune from the still lovely little Antipodean. It's really not all that, in fact it's pretty bad, but still, it's the video we all care about (and by "we" I mean those who fancy women) with Kylie. She's like your mate's fit Mum that woman. Just gets better every year.

Kylie... lovely Kylie.

Lil' Jon, the second most annoying thing in the world, has released an album. Wow. It's called Crunk Rock and I haven't even bothered listening to it as my eardrums are getting enough shit off the Vuvuzelas. I'm guessing with song titles such as Pop Dat Pussy, Like a Stripper and Moist that this is not going to be some ground-breakingly, intellectual album. Probably, in fact, more of the same shite that was really annoying when it was new in about 2004 or whenever it was.

Never mind, hey, I've still got the football itself to keep me happy. Well done to USA, by the way, who got a draw against my beloved England due to a big mistake by our keeper, but by my money deserved it.

0 comments: