Total Pageviews

Made in Shoreditch

I also contribute a weekly column to Made in Shoreditch magazine called 'Old East End/New East End', where I look at the relationship between the East End of old and new, looking at the changes and the stalwarts in landscape, residents and culture, focussing on one street or district each week. You can find it here.

Brentmeister General for Xmas No.1 2012

Monday 23 January 2012

Today I am starting a petition. I'm going to get as many people as possible together, starting from now, to get David Brent's rock classic Free Love Freeway to Number 1 on the British Singles Chart at Christmas of this year. If you like this idea, read on. I have a plan.

Chilled out entertainer at work

First off, I'm going to start a Facebook page and a Twitter account for it and garner as many people as I possibly can.  I'll keep everybody updated through this blog and a separate one which I will start and together we can do it.

Once enough people are in place I will contact Ricky Gervais and ask him to release the single, but first I need people, and lots of them, to help me do this. If we can get enough support, there is already a recorded version in place with Noel Gallagher on backing vocals which could go on release 2 weeks before the Christmas chart on Sunday 23rd December. The plan is then to get everybody out into their local HMV or onto iTunes or whatever to buy it in the week running up to the 23rd.

If you want to join the Facebook page the link is here and to follow on Twitter the link is here.

We have roughly 11 months to do this, so get involved!!!

Remember: the love is free and the freeway's long.

0 comments: